Today you need to be proficient not only with the language and standard libraries (like STL or
java.util), but also more specific frameworks that let you do the work in acceptable time frame.
Following statements may describe level of advancement in some technology or technique:
- It's black magic!
- Hey, I've learnt a few cool rituals!
- I know everything now, I can do anything in no-time.
- Hmm, there are a few caveats I didn't know about...
- I know what I am (not)doing and why.
And more importantly, know when you are level 3.
Hint: get alert when you hear (or say) the following too often:
- It worked on my computer/database/app server instance/yesterday.
- This framework is stupid, why would they do it this way?
- I don't get why this needs to be so complicated, lets just take a shortcut.
- I just googled some solution, pasting...
- I know XXX which does similar things, how different can this one be?
- I know I said "just 2 hours" 3 days ago, but I just have to finish this last unexpected XXX.
Greetings to all that know what the title is about :-)